Durable, a blast to ride, and absolutely stylin'. The 2022 Sunday High C 29" bike is designed with a 100% chromoly frame, fork and bars, in order to make it one of the most reliable 29" bikes on the market. Whether it's cruising all day, jumping curb cuts, or wheelie-ing around, this bike is intended to handle it all. The frame has a unique shortened rear-end geometry compared to most bikes on the market of this size to make it easier to handle and manipulate in tough positions. It also has bottle cage mounts if someone feels like strapping any of their favorite beverages to the bike for an adventure and is spec'd with some dialed parts from Odyssey, Maxxis and FSA.
Frame: Sunday High-C, 100% Chromoly
Fork: Sunday 29" High-C, 100% Chromoly, 1-Piece Steerer Tube, Welded Preload
Bars: Fairdale MX-6, 100% Chromoly, 2-Piece (29" Width) (6.25" Rise) (12° Backsweep) (2° Upsweep)
Stem: Sunday Freeze Top Load (48mm)
Headset: FSA Integrated Conical (1-1/8")
Top Cap: Sunday M16, Aluminum
Grips: Sunday Cornerstone
Cranks: 3-Pice, Chromoly (175mm Length)
Bottom Bracket: Sealed Mid (19mm)
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC Pro
Chain: KMC Z1 Wide
Sprocket: Sunday Sabertooth v2, 6061 Aluminum (27 Tooth)
Front Hub: Sunday, Sealed, Low-Flange (3/8" Male Axle)
Rear Hub: Sunday, Sealed (3/8" Male Axle)
Driver: 13 Tooth Freewheel
Spokes: Steel, Black (14 Gauge)
Front Rim: DMP-342, Aluminum, Double Wall (29") (36 Hole)
Rear Rim: DMP-342, Aluminum, Double Wall (29") (36 Hole)
Front Tire: Maxxis Torch (29 x 2.1")
Rear Tire: Maxxis Torch (29 x 2.1")
Seat: Sunday Badge (Railed)
Seat Post: Micro-Adjust, Aluminum (27.2mm)
Seat Clamp: Sunday, Quick-Release
Lever: Avid FR5
Brake Cable: Sunday 2p
Brakes: V-Brake, Aluminum
Brake Mounts: -
Gyro Tabs: -
Color: Billiard Green
Weight: 29.1 lbs
Headtube Angle: 71°
Seattube Angle: 71°
Chainstays: 17.5" - 17.75"
BB Drop: 2.5"
Seat Tube Length: 17.6"
Sizing Guideline: -
Need help building your complete bike? Check out our bike build video below.
NOTE: To ensure that every component on your bicycle is working properly, Dans Comp recommends that all bikes be assembled by a qualified mechanic. Improper assembly of your bicycle may lead to premature wear or failure of individual components such as headsets, crank assembly and wheels. Failure to do so may void the manufacturer warranty.
This product was added to our catalog on July 24, 2021
- Cool color, the billiard green looks super nice
- Great brakes, they needed some adjustment as with all bikes you buy online, but the system is super responsive and high quality, just the kind of control you want for wheelies
- Amazing grips, literally can't stress this enough, most Sunday bikes come with the same grip as this bike and it's crazy comfortable.
- Good geometry, the bike is super maneuverable when you want it to be, and super stable when you're sitting down, which makes for effortless hands-free riding.
- High-quality parts, the bike comes with a full Chromoly frame, handlebars, and cranks, something you don't often see for this price. It'll stand up to a lot, which makes it great for learning new tricks. It also comes with Maxxis torch II tires, usually something you would buy after you get a bike to upgrade it with. The inside of the rims has this great lining, which helps keep the rim from pinch puncturing the tire tube on landings or quick turns.
- Great drivetrain, takes a little bit of getting used to as it is a bit faster than some other similar bikes (small rear gear) but it isn't difficult at all to get started pedaling. Take your time to properly tension the chain, and it'll stay on great, mine still hasn't derailed once and I've put it through all sorts of stuff.
- Super fun to ride, it holds speed well and accelerates great. Super lightweight and very forgiving ride, tons of fun to whip around a skatepark, city streets, or even a dirt jump track if you know what you're doing. Also very versatile, it works just as well for commuting to school or work as it does hitting jumps and wheelies.
- Bike needs some assembly and the instruction booklet lacks some fairly critical information. If you buy this bike, take it to a bike shop to have it assembled unless you have the skills and equipment to do it properly. Specifically, when you first take the bike out of the box, grease the threads inside the cranks and the threads on the pedals. The main reason for this is that the cranks are Chromoly, and the screws on the pedals are not. If you don't grease them before you screw them in, the pedal will slowly tear the threads inside the crank out, and then the pedal will come off if you put pressure on it. Not the way you want to land a jump, especially since the frame has no padding. (This happened to me). It's a $10 repair at REI, but not something you want to go through.
- Also grease the silver screw that holds the seat in position, (angle screw, not seat post height clamp screw) not sure what happens with that one but it slips as well if you don't grease or thread lock it.
- Prone to flats with the stock tires, Maxxis Torches are amazing tires, they ride super fast and have great grip, but they're thin and stuff goes through them pretty easily. If you plan to ride this bike on regular streets instead of paved BMX tracks or skateparks, you may want to consider switching the tires to avoid frequent punctures. Given the price of torches when you buy them on their own, they'll easily pay for a replacement set with some money left over if you remove them right when you get the bike and sell them new.
- Inner tubes that it comes stock with are a bit cheap, replace them with some standard tubes (not a con, but I wouldn't call it a pro either)
- Grips collapse a little bit with intense riding, especially if you do frequent wheelies. They still work great in the collapsed state and feel the same, it's mainly a minor cosmetic difference.
- Handlebar end caps are plastic, not a big issue but they will crack if you fall, consider throwing in the ten bucks to upgrade to a pair of rubber ones that will handle crashes a bit more hardily.
Great bike, put in the time and maybe the 30 bucks at the bike shop right when you get it to make sure it's assembled properly and it'll be super reliable. Stands up to lots of punishment, perfect for someone who's looking to learn new tricks or just wants a solid everyday cruiser. Looks impressive and rides even better, would definitely recommend it. I've had more fun with this bike than anything I've owned before in terms of street bikes, and it's definitely worth the price, especially when you compare it to the more designer-brand 29ers. I really hope Sunday continues to expand what they have available with wheelie bikes, maybe they'll even add a new model soon. They definitely hit it on the nose with the 2022 High C, it's great fun, certainly checks all the boxes.
Bike is solid! Everything is dialed and she rides great. Color is a shade darker than stock photos suggest. Bike is surprisingly light for its size. Lighter than my wife’s Subrosa Malum 26” DTT. Not one scratch upon arrival and everything was intact. Time to tear up the neighborhood!!!!