Silca Ultimate Chain Stripper + Wax Prep Description:
The Silca Ultimate chain stripper + wax prep makes the daunting task of a waxed drivetrain much more accessible. Silca took the end result and worked backward to identify chemicals that drive out greases and oils and allow the wax to adhere to the chain's metal properly. The result was a chain cleaner that was designed to remove grease and oil as well as prime the chain for wax adhesion.
- Cleans chain in 10 minutes
- Improves wax treatment adhesion
- Biodegradable ingredients
- Made in the USA
- Option 1: For hot-melt waxing a new, factory chain with SILCA Secret Blend Hot Melt, simply immerse the chain in the Stripper and agitate 30 seconds. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes and agitate again for 30 seconds. Remove the chain from the Stripper and rinse with water and then drop the chain directly into the hot wax, the water will boil off within a few minutes and the chain will be fully waxed with up to 30% longer application life than a chain cleaned by traditional methods.
- Option 2: For drip-applied waxing of a new or nearly new chain with SILCA Super Secret without removing the chain from the bicycle. Apply 1 drop of SILCA Chain Stripper to each roller of the chain while backpedaling. Allow to soak for 5 minutes. Backpedal 10 revolutions of the crank to agitate cleaner and re-apply 1 drop per roller allowing to sit for 5 more minutes. Rinse with clean water while backpedaling at least 10 revolutions.
This product was added to our catalog on June 22, 2023