If you only need to transport a single bike, the Rocky Mounts MonoRail Solo Hitch Rack is a well-crafted, super-sturdy means to take your bike with you. The MonoRail Solo is extremely versatile in the range of bikes it can carry as it's configured to work with wheels 20" to 29" in diameter and with wheel widths up to 5" - you'll be set to carry your child's BMX bike up through your monster tire-equipped fat bike without any need for adapters. The bike is secured via a clamp arm over the front wheel plus a strap around the rear wheel so there's no contact at all with the frame. When the rack isn't in use, it folds flat against your vehicle so it's out of the way. The MonoRail Solo also tilts away from the vehicle for easy access to the rear. And for added peace of mind, the rack includes both a locking hitch pin as well as a cable lock to secure the rack to your vehicle plus your bike to the rack.
Additionally, if you ever need to transport two bikes, you have the option to purchase the MonoRail Add-On (sold separately) to convert the MonoRail into a 2-bike hitch rack. It's simple to install the Add-On and double the rack's carrying capacity for added convenience.
- 1 bike mounting platform with no frame contact - secures bicycle by front wheel clamp arm and rear wheel strap
- Rack folds flat against vehicle plus tilts down 30 degrees to access rear of vehicle
- Compatible with 2" and 1.25" receiver hitches out of the box
- Compatible with wheels 20"-29" in diameter
- Compatible with tires up to 5" wide
- Maximum bicycle weight: 60 lbs.
- Maximum wheelbase: 48"
- Includes locking hitch pin and cable lock (keyed alike)
- Expandable to a 2-bike rack with the MonoRail Add-On (sold separately)
- Rack weight: 25 lbs.