The Colony BMX Swarm Pintour Freecoaster wheel is built using a Colony Contour double-wall rim, laced 3X with black 14G spokes and black brass nipples, to a Colony Swarm planetary freecoaster hub. Right hand Drive.
The Colony Swarm Freecoaster hub is Colony's entry into the new world of Planetary-style freecoaster hubs. Utilizing Free Night's patented design, the Swarm features a planetary clutch system that allows the benefits of both cassettes and freecoasters. When rolling forward, the hub feels just like a normal cassette. Quick engagement from the pawls gives a nice, positive feel when pedaling. But as soon as the wheel rolls backwards, the clutch system disengages the pawls and you're in freecoaster mode, with infinite slack so long as your pedal speed does not exceed the wheel speed. Once rolling forward again, you're back in cassette mode. Another benefit of this design is that axial forces are greatly reduced which permits the use of standard sized bearings, making the weight of this hub more in line with that of a cassette. Colony even includes nylon hub guards for both drive and non-drive sides to help protect your new investment.
Note: Planetary freecoasters are designed to be run dry. If disassembled do not add any grease or lubricant to the internals of this hub.
- Colony Swarm Freecoaster Rear wheel
- Contour Rim, Swarm Freecoaster Hub laced with Black stainless steel spokes
- Right hand drive
- 9T driver only
- Comes with nylon rim strip
- Weight: 2 lbs 13 oz
- 30% lighter than conventional freecoaster hubs
- No gap when pedaling forward
- Eradicates unwanted engagement on rollbacks
- Feels and sounds like a cassette hub
- No need for oversized hub bearings due to low axial load
- Super-tough hollow male 14mm chromo axle
- Colony drive side and non-drive side hubguards included
- Colony Contour rim
- Double-walled with extra holes on inner wall to save weight
- Welded seam for increased strength
- 36mm wide
This product was added to our catalog on June 29, 2022