Colony Prody Pro 20" BMX Bike Description:
The Colony Prody Pro bike has some old/mid-school style with modern spec and geometry. It features some of the same high end parts available separately from Colony: Prody Lite frame, Sweet Tooth fork, Hardy V2 bars, Squareback stem, Much Room grips, Endeavour sprocket, Fantastic Plastic pedals, Wasp hubs, Pintour rims and Solution combo seat. In a crowd of frames that look similar, the Prody "stands" out on a "platform" all its own.
- Frame: Colony Prody Lite aftermarket, Full Chromoly
- Fork: Colony Sweet Tooth aftermarket, Full Chromoly w/ tapered legs, 1-pc CNC steerer tube & U-Brake Mounts (25mm Offset)
- Headset: Integrated (1-1/8")
- Stem: Colony Squareback topload (50mm reach)
- Bars: Colony Hardy V2 chromoly 2-pc (8.8" rise)
- Grips: Colony Much Room
- Cranks: Colony 170mm chromoly 3-pc w/ 48-spline spindle
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Mid (19mm)
- Pedals: Colony Fantastic Plastic
- Sprocket: Colony Endeavour alloy (25T)
- Chain: KMC
- Front Hub: Colony Wasp female 3/8" sealed (36H)
- Rear Hub: Colony Wasp female sealed cassette (36H)
- Driver: 9 Tooth
- Front Rim: Colony Pintour 6000 series alloy double-wall 20x1.75"
- Rear Rim: Colony Pintour 6000 series alloy double-wall 20x1.75"
- Front Tire: Colony Grip Lock 20x2.2"
- Rear Tire: Colony Grip Lock 20x2.2"
- Seat: Colony Solution Fat 1-pc combo
- Seat Post: Combo (25.4mm)
- Seat Clamp: Integrated
- Brake Lever: Alloy
- Brakes: Alloy U-brake w/ clear pads
- Gyro: Yes
- Gyro Tabs: Yes
- Brake Mounts: Removable
- Extras: Colony RX3 Rotary Detangler, Nylon Hub Guards - Front (x2) & Rear non-drive side
- Color: ED Black
- Weight: 24.7 lbs
- Toptube Length: 20.6"
- Chainstay Length: 13.6 - 14.1"
- Headtube Angle: 75.2°
- Seattube Angle: 71°
- Bottom Bracket Height: 11.5”
- Standover: -
- Recommended Sizing Guide:
For assistance building your new bike, please check out our tech help section here for instructions and tips on how to build your bike to ensure it is safe.
Dan's Comp recommends riding with a helmet to protect that brain. Shop our selection of freestyle helmets here.
Need help finding the right bike for you? Not sure what size would suit you best? Check out our BMX buyers guide video below!
Note: To ensure that every component on your bicycle is working properly, Dan's Comp recommends that all bikes be assembled by a qualified mechanic. Improper assembly of your bicycle may lead to premature wear or failure of individual components such as headsets, crank assembly and wheels. Failure to do so may void the manufacturer warranty.
This product was added to our catalog on August 17, 2022
The only small gripes I have with this bike are 1. the combo seat/post, since it’s not adjustable and the seat angle is awful, 2. The brake calipers are cheap, and the rear u brake is not low profile so the chain will rub on the brake unless you run the chain really tight, and 3. The brake pads themselves are cheap, and one of my brake pads was split/broken out of the box.
Overall, for the price this bike is amazing and would cost way more if you were to try to build this yourself. Quality wise it is better, looks better (in my opinion), and is lighter than the the GT heritage series.