BSD ALVX AF+ BMX Frame Description:
The BSD ALVX AF+ Frame earns the right to be called Alex Donnachie's signature frame with a combination of features designed to ride at a pro level. Frame construction consists of Sanko Japanese Seamless Triple Butted 4130 Chromoly tubing paired with external gussets in high stress areas. 7mm thick invest cast dropouts are not only stronger than a plate style dropouts, but also provide better support for rear axles. BSD's invest cast yoke creates more tire clearance allowing for an extremely short rear end while the integrated chain tensioners keep your wheel exactly where you want it to be.
Note: This is a brakeless frame, meaning brake mounts and brakes cannot be installed
- Sanko Japanese Seamless Triple Butted 4130 Chromoly tubing is used for ultimate strength
- Invest cast yoke allows for more tire clearance for those looking to run the shortest rear end possible
- 7mm thick invest cast dropouts create more strength than a plate welded to a tube
- Integrated chain tensioners help maintain the perfect wheel position
- A combination of butted tubing and gussets reinforce high stress areas of the frame
- Frame Material: Sanko Japanese Seamless Triple Butted 4130 Chromoly
- Headset Type: Integrated (Campy Spec: 45° x 45°)
- Gyro Tabs: Not Drilled
- Brake Mounts: Brakeless
- Bottom Bracket Type: Mid
- Seatpost Size: 25.4mm
- Seat Clamp: Integrated
- Dropouts: 14mm w/ Integrated Chain Tensioners
- Color: Flat Black
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Toptube Lengths: 20.3", 20.6", 20.8", 21"
- Chainstay Length: 12.5 - 13"
- Headtube Angle: 75.5°
- Seattube Angle: 71°
- Standover Height: 8.7"
- Bottom Bracket Height: 11.7"
Top your new frame off with fresh bearings. Find an integrated headset here.
Confused by all that geometry? Check out our video below explaining BMX frame geometry and how it affects the feel of a bike.
This product was added to our catalog on August 2, 2022