Leatt DBX 5.5 Neck Brace
- Brand: LEATT
- Product: #601208
Availability: Backorder - Available 08/13/16
From the biomedical engineers and medical staff of the Leatt research labs comes a 100% new neck brace. We believe that the 5.5 neck brace is truly the most technologically advanced neck brace in the world.
The 5.5 has lowered side areas, below the ear, that increases comfort and wearability, especially on kids, smaller statured riders and riders with shorter necks. A simple pop off shoulder pad that can raise or lower your brace to suit your neck length or helmet rim profiles. Both the front and the back feature has the new split design that promotes broader dissipation of energy transmitted to the body and have new molded padding for greater comfort. The semi-rigid chassis is flexible and adjustable enough to fit most riders' body shape while the structure remains rigid enough to help transmit energy during an impact while multiple engineered fracture points and crumple zones will bend or break away at pre-determined stress levels to help contribute to a riders' safety. The injected foam padding is more durable and easier to clean than ever before.
- Engineered by a medical doctor and Bio Medical engineers and tested by some of the fastest bicycle racers in the world.
- Totally new chassis design made of fiberglass reinforced polyamide.
- New helmet rim striking platform for increased head and helmet freedom of motion .
- 5 way adjustability.
- Sliding front and rear SureFit adjusters to ensure optimum fit.
- 4 angle rear thoracic strut adjustments fits more body shapes.
- Adjustable over the shoulder height for optimizing freedom of motion for different neck lengths and helmet rim profiles.
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit.
- New and improved, CoreFlex split rear padded thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body's natural movements.
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back.
- New and improved low profile open/close system incorporating a spring loaded push-button.
- Easy to use emergency release mechanism for injured riders.
- Engineered collarbone cutout to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones.
- Injected foam padding on upper surface is more durable, easier to clean and designed to accommodate custom sticker kits.
- Air flow ribs in the padding ensure optimum ventilation.
- Includes clear chest strap which is optional for use on the brace.
- CE certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC
Adult Small/Medium Sizing Chart: Chest Circumference 32.5" - 37" (82cm - 94cm).
Adult Large/XL Sizing Chart: Chest Circumference 37" - 49.5" (94cm - 126cm).
Measured just under the arms, high on the chest.
Dans Comp has multiple BMX Neck Braces to choose from.